- Dit event is voorbij.
Symposium: Reflecting on the Bulgarian Presidency of the EU
20 september @ 2:30 pm
The center of gravity of the European Union slowly moves Eastwards; towards successive EU Presidency capitals Vienna and Bucharest. The aim of this afternoon is to discuss current political developments in a historical perspective between professionals and students.
We will look at what came from the ambitions of the Bulgarian Presidency: connecting the EU with the Western part of the Balkan peninsula with view on current developments of newly gained candidate status of Macedonia and Albania as well as bilateral relations in the region.
Instead of a top-down discourse – “them” wanting to join “us” – we focus on what this culturally diverse, politically divided and geographically strategic European region could bring to the EU.
- Erwan Fouere, Center for European Policy Studies CEPS, Formerly EU External Service
- Prof. Antoaneta Dimitrova, Professor Comparative Governance, Leiden University
- Dr. Mendeltje van Keulen, Lector Changing Role of Europe, The Hague University of Applied Sciences.
- Dr. Tamara Takács, Center for International Legal Cooperation, The Hague University of Applied Sciences.
- Dr. Guido van Hengel, European Studies, The Hague University of Applied Sciences.